The United Daughters of the Confederacy Cleburne Memorial 1757 held an Arkansas Civil War Sesquicentennial marker dedication on November 10 on the Cleburne County Courthouse lawn.
This 49th marker to be placed in Arkansas, chronicals the Quitman Rifles, Co. A, 10th Arkansas Infantry under Capt. A.R. Witt, The Quitman Sharpshooters, Co. B, 31st Arkansas Infantry under Capt. J.E. Martin, and Co. H, 8th Arkansas Infantry formed around Wolf Bayou by Capt. E.N. Floyd.
Members of the UDC spoke as well as Cleburne County Judge Brenda Hunt and Cleburne County Economic Development Director Jim Jackson. Captain of the 7th Arkansas Artillery posted the colors and music was performed by Alvis Arnold and Charlie White.
The Marker was made possible through the efforts of Cleburne County Judge Brenda Hunt; Cleburne County Quorum Court; Cleburne County Economic Development Director Jim Jackson; United Daughters of the Confederacy Dorothy Ball, Alice George, Diane Hall, and Diane Hoss; Sons of the American Revolution David Hoss; and Arkansas Sesquicentennial Commission.